Palm Tree Spa Introduces Cupping Therapy!!
Cupping is an ancient Chinese traditional therapy that leaves your muscles more relaxed than traditional massage therapy. Cupping is the next big thing. It has entered our homes thanks to Movie Stars, Olympians and Professional Athletes displaying its distinctive purple dots. Although it has gained recent popularity, cupping is an ancient technique that originated in China and dates back thousands of years.
Famous people such as Michael Phelps, Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Simpson, Lady Gaga to name a few, have used cupping therapy to release stress and increase blood flow to painful joints and soothe muscle pain.
What are the major benefits?
1) Stimulates whole body relaxation response (parasympathetic response)
2) Stimulates oxygenation and detoxification of blood while promoting a feeling of lightness and relief of pressure
3) Detoxifies metabolic debris in muscle tissue, fascia, and skin
4) Increases range of motion, breaks up adhesions, and promotes healing in scar tissue and chronic injury sites
5) Increases lymphatic drainage & promotes circulation
What can it treat?
1) Tight and stiff muscles
2) Back pain, sciatica, IT band pain, rotator cuff injuries, plantar fasciitis
3) Respiratory conditions: asthma, bronchitis
4) Emotional balance: anxiety, depression, stress, migraines
5) High blood pressure by calming the nervous system